Use hyperlink above to access the Primary Portal site for PYP sites and unit sources. IB @ CIS is part of the continuum of three. Cedar is proud to be one of around only 150 schools worldwide to be authorised and offer the three programmes. Please read the information below about the Primary Years Programme offered at Cedar International School.
Benefits of the PYP at Cedar International School
• Cedar students are given ownership of the learning process and are encouraged to participate actively in their own education by setting personal goals and performing self-evaluation.
• Cedar students are nurtured so that we create well-rounded individuals with an international outlook. The pastoral care, for which our teachers are known, will continue to be a distinguishing feature of our school.
• While the PYP allows for lateral and vertical extension, creativity and student self-determination, it will still reflect the organisation and structure which has ensured Cedar’s success to this point.
• Cedar students are encouraged consistently to take constructive action in their community.
• Cedar students respond to the high standards and high expectations of the PYP.
• The PYP provides opportunities to include parents and other members of the community in the learning process.
• The PYP creates a common framework for schools and students around the world. As a result, families can move easily from Cedar to a PYP school anywhere in the worldand know that the learning philosophies and values will remain consistent.
• The PYP is part of the continuum of international education offered by the International Baccalaureate Organisation. The approach to teaching and learning in the PYP is ideal preparation for the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the IB Diploma Programme (DP).